Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Broody's Babies Part 2




We'd like to introduce to you the newest members of our flock. So far we've had four (whoops! make that five. I missed one this morning) hatch and six still pending.
The first is a Brahma (can you see the feathers on it's feet?)








This one I'm hoping is a Speckled Sussex, but could be a Rhode Island Red.





The third to hatch is a Barred Rock, which will look like Broody.





The fourth is a Black Star.



The fifth is another barred rock.


And the proud mama.




This morning I got to watch as she taught them to eat. It's about the cutest thing ever.

6 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I love all of the pictures but the one with the baby peaking out from under mom is stinkin' adorable!

Anonymous said...

Why do they have to be so darn cute? Makes me want to have more chickens! Think anyone around here would notice a few more?

Shana said...

Seriously too cute! I am impressed with your chick identifying skills! Not that I would know any different. HEHE!

Danni said...

I'm with Shana on your ID'ing skills - way to go. And congrats again to Ms. Broody - her babies are beautiful!

The Pyryt Nest said...

I must confess I'm not an expert chick identifier. The eggs I purchased came from six kinds of hens that are pretty distinct. If you just showed me a random chick, odds are I wouldn't ID it correctly. But thanks for thinking I'm so smart!

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

They are so cute! She is a very good mama.