Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Picking





I went apple picking this weekend with Mom, Tiffany and Oliver. We found a lovely organic farm in McMinville with many different varieties of apples.

Here's mom offering a taste of an apple. We were free to sample as much as we liked. I don't think any of us will eat another apple for at least a week.

Oliver was a great help in making sure the apples were tasty.

This picture wouldn't turn for me, but I love it so I'm posting it anyway. The left (top)basket is full of Macintoshes for applesauce. The right (lower) basket is full of Jonathons and Winesaps for storing.

I just thought this scale was cool. It may be small, but it can weigh up to 300 lbs.




As if that wasn't enough fun already, we got to feed the farm animals apples too. There were these two horses (yes, that one is missing an eye), two little piggies and some chickens in a really cool henhouse.

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

The dew/rain drops on the first picture are beautiful! Thanks for inviting me along. That was a lot of fun and now I have lots of tasty apples to eat for the next few months!

Johnson Family said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for putting up with my child who insisted on having a sandwich while watching Little Einsteins...even though none of us could provide that for him!