Monday, October 27, 2008

Broilers at 6 weeks

So, this is what happens when your drop shipment of chicken feed doesn't arrive as expected and you've run out of food. I was hardly able to walk without tripping over them. When I stopped, they pecked at my feet and pant legs in search of something edible. I'm certain that if I had fallen, I would have been eaten alive. Just kidding, I think!


When I didn't fill their feeder as expected, they followed me right into the house. They will not be ignored!

Don't worry, no chickens were harmed! They were given plenty of treats and some of the hens' food. They just don't recognize food that's not in crumble form.





3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

You really need a farm! I love the picture of them swarming your cute yellow shoes!

Anonymous said...

Steph, that is so funny! I love the picture of them following you into the house...Like they're saying "There she goes, into the big hen house- maybe she left the food in there..."

P.S. Like your blog- I've been checking it out all along. Good job. I especially like the updates on the broilers. Pretty cool to watch them as they grow.

Anonymous said...

Hungry babies.