Saturday, October 11, 2008

Broilers at 4 weeks

With all the excitement of new babies this week, I forgot to take pics of the broilers. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home from work today to learn that John had taken a couple. They are almost fully feathered now, but still sleeping under the heat lamp. I'm starting to comprehend how different it is to raise fifty as opposed to sixteen. We are refilling their two gallon waterer twice a day. They are going through one hundred pounds of feed every week. And the tractor really needs to be moved more than once a week, which is no easy feat. Note to self: redesign tractor with wheels and automatic waterers.
No, she's not dead, just sunbathing.




2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

First, that is an adorable blog template!! So cute! I can't believe how fast those buggers grow...but that's good because my freezer is a bit light on chicken now.

Shana said...

Is she basting in the sun? HAHA!