Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Puppy Palace

This is the puppies' new home. They have plenty of room to run around and wrestle now without destroying the house. They are even getting the house training down pretty well. They have all figured out that the fenced off area with the newspapers is the bathroom and the other side is for sleeping, eating and playing. If we could just get them to stop tearing the newspapers apart, I'd be happy.



We have already added a second story to the perimeter because they've gotten big enough to do this:


Sunny is really done with puppies, but still indulges them occassionally. Six is a fairly small litter for a lab. I can't imagine how she could feed more!

This is the one we've chosen to keep. His name is Woodrow, named after a character in one of my favorite books. He had just had a bath and was shivering, so I put him on the blanket on top of the stove and he went right to sleep. (This is a pellet stove, not a wood stove. The
top is warm, but not hot enough to burn you.)


5 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Yeah!! Welcome back to the blogosphere! That picture of Woodrow on the pellet stove is seriously cute!

Shana said...

They are sooooo cute! I love the disclaimer about the stove too. What book is your favorite. Most people probably already know but I am not a huge reader so please fill me in.

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

SO CUTE! I am glad your posting again, I cant belive how big they have gotten already.
Crystal

Anonymous said...

I think I want Woodrow. :D

Bergstresser Bunch said...

I love your doggy set-up and Woodrow is too cute. I really need to get my butt over there and meet them.